Chitika

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Admirer’s Sonnet


When I saw your picture at the first time…

I taught I have seen my angel,
          Whose presence I long to see so long,
                    But I was wrong…
                             Coz’ that was only a mere heaven-sent portrait.

I taught I have heard a love song
          Which melody is lifting me up,
                    But it was not…
                             Coz’ that was only a special beat of my heart.

I taught I have touched the cloud nine,
          Where I am leaping in so much joy,
                    But I was wrong…
Coz’ that was only a whisper which waking me up from dreaming.
I taught I have smell the garden of roses,
          Which aroma embraces me softly,
                    But I was deceived…
Coz’ that was only a mere fragrance of petals of imagination.
I taught I have taste the sweetest cherry,
          Which kisses my lips, filled with hearts,
                   But I was awakened…
Coz’ that was only a foretaste of a sweet flying smile of illusion.

          I taught you were true…
                   But only a figure in a picture.

O angel, O precious, O beauty…
          A piece of art of a flashing light…
          A piece of photography taken by Mr. Cupid…
          An Obra Maestra of St. Valentine…

O princess, captured by a greatest photographer…
O my lady, imprisoned at the humble-colored paper…
          If only I know the way to help you to escape from that mystical photograph…
          If only I know the magic spell to cease the power of sorcery…

I will waste no time to grab you out from there…
I will do and find all means just to make these illusions be realized…

If only I could make your picture a person before me…
If only I could make these fantasy a reality…
          If only…
          If only…


No comments:

Chitika (Your Help in Searching)

Popular Posts

My Blog List

My Favorites Books, Author, Movies

  • Paolo Coelho
  • The Alchemist
  • The Passion of Christ
  • Tuesdays with Morries
  • The Little Prince