Chitika

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ask and You Will Receive

Reflection: For March 17



“Remember us, Lord; reveal yourself in the time of our calamity. Give me courage, King of gods and master of all power. Make my words persuasive when I face the lion; turn his heart against our enemy, that the latter and his like may be brought to their end.”

On this current situation of the world, we are many but seems to be alone. The world is so big that  we could not grasp it. On these days, let us ask the Powerful Hand who can not only grasp the world but could take care of it. Let us humbly say to Him, “Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.” His aid is the best help that we could have. May we not understand sometimes His ways but He knows more what He is doing. Keep on praying. Have faith in Him.

“Ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened.” God knows what we want but the recognition of our humble heart to His goodness could knock His door. He is just waiting for us to be reconciled. We could not have a precious something if we could not know how to ask and seek for it. We are needing a big help thus we need someone who could give big enough to answer the world’s current problems.

We are weak and wounded but we have Him who could give strength to us. As Queen Esther has said,  “My Lord, you who stand alone, come to my help; I am alone and have no help but you.” He is the one who can heal the world. Our world is so much wounded now by sin. Jesus said to the gospel last Wednesday as he preached to the crowd, “'This is an evil generation; it is asking for a sign. The only sign it will be given is the sign of Jonah. For just as Jonah became a sign to the people of Nineveh, so will the Son of man be a sign to this generation.” (Lk 11:29-30) There is no greater sign than anything or anyone else. Jesus Christ is the ultimate sign of Hope for us. We just need to be vigilant of His presence. Much more, we as His people should enliven His heart in us for us to be also a sign of Hope and Love as what Jonah have done. As gospel have said, “So, do to others whatever you would that others do to you.”



Reading 1, Est C:12, 14-16, 23-25


Seized with anguish in her fear of death, Queen Esther likewise had recourse to the Lord.
        Then she prayed to the Lord God of Israel:
                My Lord, you who stand alone, come to my help; I am alone and have no help but you. Through my own choice I am endangering my life.
                As a child I was wont to hear from the people of the land of my forebears tha you, O Lord, chose Israel from among all peoples, and our fathers from among their ancestors to be your lasting heritage; that you did for them, all that you have promised.
                Remember us, Lord; reveal yourself in the time of our calamity. Give me courage, King of gods and master of all power. Make my words persuasive when I face the lion; turn his heart against our enemy, that the latter and his like may be brought to their end.
                Save us by your hand, help me who am alone and have none but you, O Lord.

Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8


“Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.”

Gospel, Mt 7:7-12

7 'Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. 8 Everyone who asks receives; everyone who searches finds; everyone who knocks will have the door opened. 9 Is there anyone among you who would hand his son a stone when he asked for bread? 10 Or would hand him a snake when he asked for a fish? 11 If you, then, evil as you are, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him! 12 'So always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that is the Law and the Prophets.



No comments:

Chitika (Your Help in Searching)

Popular Posts

My Blog List

My Favorites Books, Author, Movies

  • Paolo Coelho
  • The Alchemist
  • The Passion of Christ
  • Tuesdays with Morries
  • The Little Prince